Components Tab Issues, HELP!

im unable to open up the “Components” tab under my PrimalitemStructure, im trying to specify its Inventory but i cant do it i dont think without the “Components tab”. if you know a better way to go about it, please im open to ideas, if you need more context im happy to provide

I just looked at the standing torch for an example, but I think you’re looking at the wrong file to do what you want. “Components” is only available on meshes or models, actual in-game items.

Open the blueprint for the item you want to modify, go to components, and if it has an inventory, you’ll see it somewhere in the components list referenced as something along the lines of “PrimalInventoryBP_blahblahblah”.

Now, that references a blueprint and isn’t a physical item, so if you want to specify your own inventory you need to delete the current inventory, then “Add Component” and search for your PrimalInventory that you want as the new inventory.

-WM

okay, i got that, now when im adding the component it wont appear and i cant seem to “add component”

*******Scratch that, i just decided to edit the one that was in their and save it into my folder, the inventory i made just now i believe is better anyway, thanks for your help, ill report back if it worked

What item(or type of item so I can get an understanding of what you’re doing) are you trying to modify?

-WM

*******Scratch that, i just decided to edit the one that was in their and save it into my folder, the inventory i made just now i believe is better anyway, thanks for your help, ill report back if it worked

im making my own different crafting bench, its based of the fabricator

i cant tell if it worked since when i try and place it in the level editor nothing happens, i hit the num for the slot its in and nothing happens…sorry…first structure ive ever made

Did you copy the fabricator and change things to create your own or did you recreate the fabricator(new meshes, etc)?

-WM

Items do not have components. You want to edit the actual structure.

yea i copied the fab files and edited those