Components added outside constructors are deleted after Hot-Reloading if re-instanciating is needed. I’m using 4.6.
To reproduce the issue :
- Add a MyActor to the level.
- Click Spawn Component in the Details panel.
- If you click Log Components you should see that now the actor has a SceneRoot component and a MyActorComponent component.
- Go to ActorComponent.h, uncomment the dumbProperty member and recompile.
- Now the actor has been re-initialized and MyActorComponent has been destroyed, if you click Log Components only the SceneRoot is still there.
(BTW, I can’t attach files in Firefox, Chrome works fine, though)