complain about not getting support from sellers

that is not the problem, also i bought the mixamo retargeting plugin from the marketplace, i can fix that issue easily.

the seller setup a modular character without using the inherited from character class skeletal mesh, this mean the root motion is not working because the skeletal mesh that must be followed by the capsule of the character never move;

i already tried deleting the inherited skeletal mesh but i can’t do that, also tried to move up the second skeletal mesh, but didn’t work at all, my last try was trying to reassemble the character in a new character blueprint, but it has lots of specific things from the modular character that lead me to break the model.

also i tried the animation with another character and the root motion worked fine.

if i can’t get the seller support i think i will need to fake the root motion, i now that it is a bad practice, but that will be my last resource.

I would suggest contacting through email. I think it is the fastest way to get a response from the seller.

Problem is that sellers aren’t notified when someone comments or asks for assistance, but most of us (if not all) will get a notification when a new email comes.
Personally, I check my products pages and forum threads every day, sometimes few times, sometimes once in the morning or evening (so time really varies). But if someone posts just after I’ve checked everything he will need to wait until I do it again. That’s why I also prefer when people ask for help through support email because if I am at the computer I can check it right away.

Imagine sellers having 5 or 10+ assets and going through them all every day, it really may be time-consuming and it is easy to miss something.

I’ve asked for help/had questions several times and sellers always responded within one day. Also if I am not mistaken sellers have 3 days to respond, maybe someone has a family weekend trip and will be available on Monday. Give it a time, possibly send another email. Then contact marketplace team.

You just may be unlucky. Regarding the problem with the pack you bought, maybe try asking on forums and someone will be able to help.

I like to quote this one because its rather important.
we dont get notifications on comments on assets, so any question there can easily be missed. (something we have asked to be fixed many many times by now)
If you posted on a thread related to the package you purchased, or send the author an email and you did not get a reply then yes do contact epic for either a refund or to make them enforce the rules we sellers have to follow.

Just dont be like the last person I had to deal with, who basically wanted me to make all the vfx for his game because he purchased a 15 dollar pack from me.

i’m not that kind of person, i just want a easy fix for the package.

thanks for all your advices!

hello, just updating, i got an answer from the seller yesterday.

he didn’t help me out to fix the problem, i think he didn’t understood what was the problem or just ignored all that i told him, he only told me to activate root motion on the animation blueprint, to make it works. (i think he didn’t read the entire email where i have explained all the case).

anyway, i quit the possibility of a real fix for the character (to avoid the loss of more time) and i’m working right now in a workaround (faking the root motion).