Compiling Shaders doesn't work (stuck with no progress)

Yeehehhh…Solved my issue too…i fear if this could become a side effect for anything in the future…Anyhow, thanks to a lot buddy … I was stuck.thnx

I had the same issue described in the forum title. In my case, I was using the Unreal Engine 4.27.2 vesion. I solved the issue when I uncommented only the line “r.Shaders.AllowCompilingThroughWorkers=0” (removed the initial semicolon). Then shaders compiled correctly after restarting the Editor.

1 Like

Greetings @ameenmhd and @lecc628 !

We’re SO excited to welcome you to the Unreal Engine community! We see that this is the first post the both of you have made in our forums! :medal_sports:

We love it when community members come together and discover solutions to their issues and share them! Thank you so much for being such a vital part of our growing community! Happy Creating! “Make Something Unreal!”

I’m on 4.27.2 and had to do the exact same thing you did. Thanks for the clue

1 Like

let the shader compile all the assets; in unreal engine 5 it stuck at 34 as it was compiling shaders after 30 minutes it compiles all, and it 45 it stuck again for shader compilation. After compiling all shaders it good to go. Let the shader compiles all.

I wanted to make a video for Mac IOS users who also don’t have any understanding of coding but want to quickly fix the application.

HOW TO FIX SHADER COMPILING FOR MAC IOS:

Thank you to the person who listed how to fix this in 3 steps.

2 Likes

Hi, I tried this method, but didn’t work for me. Same issue continues. Is there any other solution for this?

1 Like

Thanks so much, i’m on a game jam and this saved me

I had the issue that was described in the title, but for 5.0.1. It has taken a lot of time to figure out what is going wrong, and I still don’t quite know what happened, but this has been the only fix that has worked for me.

Description of my problem
The shaders compiling process in the editor or loading the editor (splash screen before opening) would stop compiling and it would eventually crash the editor or my computer if I left it running long enough (~30-45 minutes). Looking through the output logs it appears that the FShader JobCache just stopped receiving information after the first batch and would time out of its process. I don’t know what caused this issue since the engine was working one day and the next it wasn’t.

I will update this post if I ever find the root of the problem.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue :-(( please let me know if you’ve come across a solution!!

Works for me in UE4.26.2 with r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1, r.XGEShaderCompile = 0 and r.Shaders.AllowCompilingThroughWorkers=0 uncommented

2 Likes

Hey Guys,
I have the same. problem. My U.E 5.0.3 is stuck at 34%…So when it wants to compile the Shaders. I tried the method with deleting the “;”, but it didn’t work. I don’t know what to do, please help me.
Im using a MacBook Air with an 8-Core chip and 8 GB Ram. My Prozessor is an M1 Chip if it helps…
Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. I’m running a intel MacBook Pro i7 2,9ghz, 16gb ram, with Monterey 12.6. so from what I read the specs should be good.

Its work ,
thank you so much

Generating project files fixes the issue.

Im with the same issue

I was on 5.2.1, working just fine, i updated to 5.3.2 because of the VDB suppport and since that update, everytime i load a project it gets stuck at 45% for several minutes, even 15m.

I didn’t have this problem before and just happened after the upgrade.

I wanted to roll back to 5.2.1 but now this version doesn’t work either, i also tried 5.1.1, same result. I rolled back my RTX 3060 drivers cuouple of months back and still the same issue.

I followed the instructions and also i removed others ; in 2 more lines but still the same, taking forever to load shaders ON AN EMPTY AND NEW project :confused:

Please help, its been over 2 weeks not being able to use UE :frowning:

1 Like