Compiling keeps getting stuck at the "Building 5 actions with 6 processes..." part when creating a new c++ class

For quite a long time now I have had this really big issue that has been bothering me SO MUCH! Whenever I create a new C++ class, if I do any little change to the code or add some code, when I compile the code it gets stuck at the “Building 5 actions with 6 processes…”. I then have to wait another 10 to 20 minutes for the compile to be done and then compiling is all back to normal again. I thought the issue might of been the fact how the engine compiles the code when I create a new class but nope, switching off "automatically build when creating a new C++ class " and then compiling the code and as always, the compiling duration is the same duration as the duration of the automatic compile; then the issue is back again when I next make a change to the code. I’m out of ideas at this point.

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution to that? I have the same problem with every project for a long time now and nothing seems to work.

Hi,

a late reply, but I’ve encountered the same problem just now.
After a few days of trials and errors, I came up with a possible fix.
I noticed that the compilation stuck on my computer after creating any new C++ class. Apart from the compiling stuck, I also have link errors with the “include” lines in the .h and .cpp files.

To fix that problem you need to go in the Unreal Editor to Tools->Refresh Visual Studio Code Project.
If you see an error while doing that, reopen the editor and the Visual Studio Code and try again.
After that, the compilation works again for me.

Hope it fixes your problem too!

1 Like