Compiling error

Hello everyone,

I want to install Unreal Engine 4, which i got yesterday from a freind of mine.
But while building the engine from the sourcecode i get the following two errors:

1: Error 1 error code: -1073741515 C:\Users\Raoul\Downloads\Unreal Engine 4\UnrealEngine-4.4.0-release\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Error UE4

2: Error 2 error MSB3073: The command “…..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 UE4

Could anyone please help me with this, because i want to use the engine so badly.
Thanks in advance

Hi Bar,

We can only provide installation support for active subscribers who have downloaded the engine through either of our two official channels: the Unreal Engine Launcher, or the Epic Games repository on GitHub.

If you would like to use the Unreal Engine, I encourage you to visit https://www.unrealengine.com/ and subscribe for $19.00.

Cheers

Oh excuse me for creating a misunderstanding, but I got the engine from a friend, who bought a one month subscription for me.

I hope you can help me now.

Oh excuse me for creating a misunderstanding, but I got the engine from a friend, who bought a one month subscription for me.

I hope you can help me now.

Hey Bar-

The source code is updated with each new release of the engine. If you’re getting the source from GitHub, which version of the engine are you trying to build?

Hi Bar,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.