Compiled project with tracks of illegal softwares

Hi Everybody,

I am new to Unreal Engine Developing community. I would like to ask one question:

In case I download assets from the internet that have been made using illegal version of a software (let’s say 3ds max without any license) unintentionally, how can I check from my compiled project?

Is there a way to send the project to Epic Games (perhaps a service they might offer) to receive a clearance? I simply do not want to get in any trouble.

Thank you,

MM

You can’t. All data is converted into proprietary formats during cooking that contain no traces of the original metadata that might have revealed this.

Simply don’t use any sketchy assets to be safe.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply!

I apologozie to bother you ulteriorly, is there a way you can reference to the source of your statement please?

i trust you, but the school I have to cooperate with (even if i am doing a non commercial software) are giving me a hard time in starting.

thank you again,

MM

If you’re looking for assets on the internet and you find something random that you like and it’s not from the creator of the asset, there’s a really good chance it’s not a legal download. Many files like that are illegally ripped from other video games or just pirated content.
There’s no way to be sure of where a file came from originally once it’s converted to formats like FBX and OBJ, they just don’t contain that info.