Compile Plugin Binaries

I use the RMC plugin in my project. I’ve always used the marketplace version of it. However I thought I’d give the source version a go so I could try out changes earlier. I like the marketplace version as it doesn’t add any overhead to my project compiling. I’m guessing it is just the compiled binaries. The problem I find with using the source version, is that it adds all the code of the plugin to my project, which then gets recompiled with every compile of my project. This causes my project to take almost twice as long to compile for some reason.

So what I’m hoping to do is to compile the RMC plugin once, and then just use the compiled binaries in my project some how. I’m just not really sure how to do this. It automatically compiles when I compile my project and I get a set of lib and dll files. So I’m wondering if there is some way that I can now remove the source code for the plugin from my project and just put the compiled lib, dll and headers somewhere for it to use rather than recompiling it every time I compile my project. Can anyone give me some direction?

You can use it as engine plugin (by put it in enginw plugins folder instead of project plugins folder), then it will only be compiled once and can be used in projects without recompilation.