Community Tutorial: Ultimate FOLIAGE Guide in UE5

I’m very happy to share this guide with all of you today. I spent DAYS trying out every method and technique I could find on Foliage in Unreal Engine 5.

I start from the basics for the beginners, but also for ex-Unity devs. I then go over most well-known optimizations for foliage before showing you some very nice tips & tricks that I had trouble finding myself.

This guide is not a complete course, as it would take literal hours to teach you every single detail, but this is probably one of the most condensed and straight-to-the-point resource you’ll find.

This will be helpful to anyone from game devs, cinematic/movie makers, 3d artists, archviz, etc.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/96Lz/unreal-engine-ultimate-foliage-guide-in-ue5

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH

every other foliage tutorial I’ve found never shows the nanite part your first two steps fixed the problem i was having with LODS and Screen size BS

not sure why this isn’t default setting frankly
If you have a 200h video or whatever on foliage where you cover it in the same way as the quick one i’d happily pay for such a video