Community Tutorial: Latent Tween Tutorial

In this short comprehensive tutorial you’ll learn how to use the Latent Tween plugin in your projects.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/Kx4Y/unreal-engine-fab-latent-tween-tutorial

Your link to the product this tutorial is funneling to is broken, FYI. If someone is going to use this marketing strategy (creating a basic tutorial that should live with asset existing in a focused learning community funneling to sales), at least make sure the link works :wink:

For me personally (and this is very subjective), I lose trust in an asset when this sort of thing happens. I cherish this community and never want to see any fraud, spam, or unethical stuff start to erode the foundation - because it’s happened before, and more than once. Layer on top of this that the basic task of link checking didn’t happen? That’s what raises red flags for me. Like someone was rushing to make a quick buck. If those fundamentals were goofed, what does the actual asset hold in store for us?

I’ll never knock anyone for the hustle, but being objective now, I will always speak up here. It’s no problem me for to admit I was wrong, and sincerely apologize. Communication and honesty is what makes a strong community!

I think you did a good job on the tutorial, but it would be awesome if creators chose or were required to preface that the tutorial is for a paid asset the author created. It reduces any confusion, establishes trust through transparency, and just feels more ethical and programmatic… like clean math or solid instructions, if that makes sense.

Thank you for letting me know about the broken link (it is fixed now). The thing is, this tutorial had to be written before the plugin/asset was approved. At that time, the temporary link is different from the link to the live asset. I didn’t know that.

Also, my intention was definitely not to place the tutorial here to drive sales. I was just looking for a good place where such a doc/tut could live. Not everyone is evil and looking only for money. That’s why the asset has a symbolic price of one dollar.

Good point that I should have mentioned that this is a tutorial for a paid asset, though.

Thank you again.

No worries at all, and thanks for the explanation. I’ll always be a bit protective of the learning community here, and do what I can to keep it clean and from crossing over the line into chaos - because it’s happened before throughout the history and evolutions of Unreal Engine / UDK / Anything Epic really, and of course in just about any community!

I think the best deterrent to such madness, is for the community to be vigilant, but also for any contributors. I’m a huge fan of being objective, bluntly honest, and calling things as we see them - not dancing around an elephant in the room, hiding behind dishonest excuses, etc…

You taking the time to respond to my callout and share context is an awesome example of “when things work right” in my opinion, so thank you for that. It’s not just you explaining things, but also it gives people a bit of a peek behind the curtain, and has the side-effect of teaching something.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like