Community Tutorial: How to set Project Browser Thumbnail

How to set a custom thumbnail image for your projects in the UEFN Project Browser.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/mMPq/fortnite-how-to-set-project-browser-thumbnail

2 Likes

great timing! I was just wondering how to do this last night and was going to look it up today! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks.
Why have they removed this from UEFN? UEFN more difficult than UE.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Also welcome to the Fourms!

I’ve been adding thumbnails a similar way in UE (Placing and image next to .uproject instead of .uplugin) - It’s just a few layers deeper in UEFN.

1 Like

Does this work with revision control? If not, do you know how to get it to work across teams? or is this only a local thing?

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to achieve this, While Revision control does keep the location of where the “keyArt”: image is supposed to be, I couldn’t find a way to actually upload the raw .png into the revision control for the project

I had managed some time ago to actually get a png inside the revision control but I have no idea how I even did it and how I could do it again.

1 Like

Hi Mineblo,

I think I may need to update the tutorial, and instead of telling people to put the .png in \Plugins\YourProjectName\ folder, tell them to put it in the \Plugins\YourProjectName\Resources\ folder.

I see in your image your png is in the Resources folder (I assume this is from the time that you got the png hosted in revision control) Are you using the Resources folder with your new project as well?

1 Like

Yea it felt really weird I noticed that urc registered some files and some ones didn’t

e.g. when I made a txt file in Content/Resources/myfile.txt urc immediately caught it for check in changes but for the life of me I couldn’t get it to detect a png file in there and after deleting re-naming pasting creating files for like 30 mins I somehow got it to ONLY register png files in the root folder.

1 Like