[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Oh, anyway its nice to support developers :slight_smile:

you can support me with 1000$ if you got so much money :smiley:

Can we compile that on Ubuntu?

Would love to see rivers and lakes added to pack

deleted, nevermind :slight_smile:

Will there be an update to make work in UE4.14?

pls ~ TT version 4.14

Tested the plugin in UE4 4.14, it works. :slight_smile: (I used the v4.13 one)

Didnt worked for me :(. I only copied plugin folder to my project. But it give me so many errors. Did I miss something?

Submitted a pull request for a version fully functional with UE4.14

https://.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject/pull/26

Is there a way to easily cut down on the FPS loss from using ?
I have a very large map that loses about 40FPS (1080GTX) just adding in a default water.
I have tested with/without Gersh waves, with/without SS, etc etc, and, it seems its about the same loss all around.
Could be because its such a massive plane by default?

Maybe try Vulkan?

Does shader " Lite" work right? Coz when I changed the shader to " Lite" only appear a grey plane.

I am downloading it now and I will test it on backup of my project from 4.12 using the plugin. Thanks for updating it! I will update post after testing.

One note it would be nice to reduced version of the download with just what is needed for the water, with out of the time of day and content included. I did manually for 4.12 on my own project to reduce the size but the imho cleaned up. 942 MB DL includes a lot of content that is not required for the water to work.

Fired up the OceanPlugin in 4.14 only warnings using the latest from is a constraint warning, and a few dynamic shadow errors hurting the frame rate.

I am going to update my 1080’s drivers to the latest before installing it on my own projects but it feels safe enough to move forward. Good job !

Forgot to update: I converted my 4.12.5 project to 4.14 to test the plugin, working as expected.

Complete noob here, I wanted to use to make an aquarium or fish tank but since the water stretches infinite, even when deleting the infinite parameter in the blue print it still follow the camera as I move around even when it technically resized. (Basically, it goes whenever the camera goes, so I cannot move around it in a 3D space, as if it glued to the camera at certain position). What do I need to do to make it act like an piece of independent resize able mesh like any normal object? Thank you.

You need to resize the mesh itself. It’s remarkably large.

That said, a gerstner wave system is massive overkill for an aquarium or fish tank. Even using it for a lake is a bit much, unless you’re actively looking to have physics on floating objects.

oh seem like I resized the wrong thing. Thank you
Yeah I aware it is a massive overkill, though I can’t find a good solution for an aquarium like showing in demonstration:
9n3U9_1F0QQ
it might have to be done from scratch from ground up instead of using any existing water shader…
Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

If you’re just doing underwater, just use one of the water planes that Epic provides for the surface and play with post-processing volumes and particles to get your underwater look. There’s tons of videos on creating underwater for UE4 on youtube.

Believe me, the community project is a HUGE overkill if you’re just creating an underwater environment. Even project uses a fairly simple post processing volume to get its underwater look. Basically 95% of plugin won’t apply to what you’re attempting.

Alright, yeah I don’t think gonna work, I’d focus on the underwater effect after all, thank you for pointing the way. cheers

If was to me, why would i use a mobile graphics function that removes a ton of the features i would need? I fail to see the logic behind the answer of “use the mobile graphics API”.