"common words" search blocker on this forum is frustrating

Most of the time, when I try to search for something here, I’m told the words are too common. If I search for something like:

how to use the control points tool
mesh texture quality

I get: The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: quality texture mesh tool control how points use to.You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

Since there seems to be no way to search the (rather sparse) RealityCapture help, please remove these restrictions on the forums. They’re essentially the only documentation we have.

AARGH. You can’t search for “export components.” AAAAARGH.

Hi Aaron,
You are right. We are using 3rd party forum and hence we do not have full control over all functionality. We will check the settings, since searching is really important for forum.

Glad to hear it’s not an intentional decision. Looking forward to the fix.

:slight_smile: I did some tweaking and it should be better now. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks, much better now!

It should work fine as it usees the same engine as the forum I moderate.

Hopefully! I’ve changed settings for common words and re-indexed search engine. After reading some dev notes on that, we will need to change some settings at some point, but in general it should work as expected.

Thanks for pointing to it.