Common UI: Common Tab List Widget Base - Tab List Input Action Issue

Hi, I have been playing around with common UI recently and seem to have a bizarre issue.

I have set up a ‘‘Common Tab List Widget Base’’ with a ‘‘Common Animated Switcher’’ and all seems to be working fine except the input actions triggering the ‘‘next/previous’’ tab in the tab list.

I have set up the correct action data and the corresponding enhanced inputs to trigger the previous/next actions. (shown below)

My issue is that the ‘‘next tab action’’ works fine but the ‘‘previous tab action’’ doesn’t. Even though the enhanced input action itself is firing, the tab list just plain ignores it.

When I remove one of those enhanced input actions from the ‘‘next/previous’’ tab input actions the other works. When I have both allocated, one of them works but not the other.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I would love to know more about this and if there is a possible fix to this.

I had a similar problem but my hotkeys weren’t working at all. The problem for me ended up being the fact that I was trying to assign a Confirm Input Action to the nested buttons inside of it so that I could select it. It seems that the Input Routing system simply doesn’t support having Input Routed to a Parent and it’s Child at the same time. It has to be one or the other.

Might be possible to add an Action Widget to the Tab List idk. I might be able to get the same functionality if I did that and simply used the Name of the selected tab list button to dictate the logic I handle. In my case though I was just approaching the problem wrong.

My goal was to have a selection menu that could be cycled through using the tab left and tab right button and the default functionality of this widget actually works just fine for that and will even fire an event that carries the name of the currently selected button.

Ah, yes, the tab buttons shouldn’t have actions themselves as the tab bar handles that. Apparently it works just like I expected it to after I updated the engine to its latest version. I’m not entirely sure how or why, but at least both previous + forward actions seem to work fine now! It might have been something I changed in the background or somewhere. I will never know :smiley:

There is a very helpful article about tabs and how they work I found while researching for a solution. I’ll share it here in case it helps you or someone else messing about with tab menus.

1 Like

Yeah sounded like a bug for sure. An odd one too.

Having the same issue now. Neither previous or next works.

If you still have this issue, try checking the ‘‘auto listen for input’’ checkbox in the ‘‘tab list’’ section of your ‘‘common tab list widget base’’.