Commercial Office Space

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share something my team and I worked on quite a while ago for a client, using Unreal Engine 4.26 + GPU Lightmass of a commercial office space.

EDIT 4/20/22:

• Added a few shots in UE5 with the new Lumen lighting system
  • Removed link to virtual tour for now

Unreal Engine 5

Unreal Engine 4 (Older)

3 Likes

Hey there @dpham,

Hope you’re doing well!

I explored a bit through your virtual tour and it’s absolutely magnificent. The natural elements combined with the modern minimalistic furniture pieces are spectacular. The addition of the minimap and “teleport” points are truly wonderful and allow for a much easier overall movement. With buildings that have multiple floors, would you add additional minimaps to jump to different floors, or would there be some other process?

I would say the transition between each standing point is a bit jarring but the overall experience is just lovely. And I absolutely adore the design of the office itself. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Sending you and your team lots of support. :heartpulse: :smile:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

As for the multiple floors, yes it’s possible to load up matching floorplans to correspond to each floor level.

Also appreciate the feedback about the transitioning movements. It’s good to collect that kind of info. There are different options of handling it, like fading between transitions etc. We chose this one since it matched Matterport’s style the most but for other projects/users we might choose something else entirely.

I did the virtual tour and is amazing, great job! Can’t wait to take the tour in UE5 update!

Thanks! I can’t wait either :). Unfortunately, I don’t think the Ansel plugin is supported for UE5 yet, so I may have to find a workaround.

Here’s a quick animation from UE5 with the lumen lighting system.

1 Like