Comment box clipping words

In 4.5.1 I am seeing comment text that is clipping words at the far right of the box instead of word wrapping them down to the next line.

Different levels of zoom cause different words to be clipped in the box.

Hi Zeustiak,

I’ve tried to recreate this here with no results. Would you post a screen shot of what you are experiencing?

Thanks,

At 1:1 zoom I can’t reproduce, but pretty much every other zoom level can clip a comment somewhere in the sentence, but not always. I think it depends how things line up to the end.

In that image just a letter is being clipped, but I have seen whole words disappear at the end.

I’ve tried again to reproduce your issue by typing an entire paragraph into the comment box but the text wrap is working as expected regardless of how far or close I zoom.

So to help pinpoint your problem, please provide your DXDIAG: (Windows Start Button>(search “dxdiag”)>Launch dxdiag>select “Save all information”>attach text file to your post.)

Did you try resizing the comment box randomly in each zoom level?

link text

I am able to reproduce this in the material editor (although I know it happens in BP’s as well) using -2 zoom. The individual word needs to end at the furthest point to the right (of the comment box), otherwise it will be automatically placed on the next line.

In my testing I was able to find the cause of a second issue that has plagued me lately, when the text fills the textbox length wise (the textbox in the details panel) and you then press ‘space’ the comment box in the details panel will start glitching. Again the word needs to end right at the edge of the textbox, pressing any other letter will make that word go down to the next line, but space lets the cursor go beyond the word wrap point, making the textbox resize itself glitching up & down

I made a video for you guys showing both issues here:

Thanks for providing the requested the information. I have reported this as a bug [UE-5233]. Should this be fixed in a future iteration of the engine, an update will be posted on this thread.

Hi ,

Thanks for providing the video. However, this is a separate issue than what Zeustiak was experiencing. Nevertheless, it was a bug that I was able to reproduce so I have generated the following report: [UE-5236]. Like the previous issue, should this be fixed in a future release of the engine, an update will be posted on this thread

Hi ,

Thanks for providing the video. However, this is a separate issue than what Zeustiak was experiencing. Nevertheless, it was a bug that I was able to reproduce so I have generated the following report: [UE-5236]. Like the previous issue, should this be fixed in a future release of the engine, an update will be posted on this thread.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Actually it shows both issues, the comment box I have selected in the graph editor shows the cut off word at the far right as Zeustiak reported.

Thought I would show both issues at once, sorry for any confusion there.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

Sorry, I missed that. However, both issues are being addressed now thanks to you taking the time to make the video.

Thanks again!

The jittery text issue has been fixed for a future release of the engine. The word wrap issue is still being worked on.

Thanks for your help in improving the engine.

This has been reported fixed for a future release of the engine.