Command Line Argument on Editor Load

I need to add the following to my ue4 project, but have no idea where to place it:

-usefixedtimestep -fps=60 -notexturestreaming

I’m following this guide on how to capture panoramic movies: Capturing Stereoscopic 360 Screenshots and Movies from Unreal Engine 4 - Unreal Engine

The guide says, “internally we pass the following command-line when booting the game/editor when we want to do a capture”.

I’m not sure how to accomplish this though, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

open ue client then click the gear icon…

Then what?

I don’t know if you still need an answer, but here is how to add parameters in your command line:

• in editor: Edit → Editor Preferences → Play → Play in standalone game, you have a text box “additional launch parameters”, you can paste your parameters here, and when you’ll want to test in editor, you will have to play in standalone game
  • packaged game: get your ProjectName.exe and create a shortcut, right click on your newly created shortcut and click Properties, you can edit the command line and your parameters at the end
1 Like

Hi there!
Do you know how would i intercept these commands?

If i have a UI color that i want to set from launch for instance.
I’d type it like that …ROBOT\ROBOT.uproject - ui=green

where would i put the function that gets that “green” and does something with it?

FString ParameterValue;
if (FParse::Value(FCommandLine::Get(), TEXT("-SomeParameter="), ParameterValue))
{
// Do something with the string you just parsed.
}

Make a shortcut that runs the UE4Editor.exe from your Unreal directory with these parameters.
You can just right-click anywhere and create a shortcut, then set the following as the “target”.

C:\SomePathToYourUnrealFolder\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe C:\SomePathToYourProject\YourProject.uproject -usefixedtimestep -fps=60 -notexturestreaming

you can also add -game to launch directly into the game