Coming Soon: The Unreal Engine forums are leveling up!

Had my thread in the VR subforum deleted randomly, been around for 4 years or so and it made it through the migration intact (though with about 2 years of posts missing).

Now links to some random post in the forums, its also non existent in my personal post history.

Also seems that just in the last couple days, the activity tracker is all messed up. When I come back, my “new since last visit” indicator is all wonky and showing me stuff days and days ago when I have actually visited like 12 hours ago. I kind of grew to like this feature as a replacement for the old “view message from last day” or “view messages from last week” filtering.

I’ve gotten pretty used to the new forums, but I still miss avatars. I even have my own custom avatars:

NachoMonkeyLogoCompact256

NachoMonkeyLogo256

We can’t edit posts anymore?

edit: We can’t edit old posts anymore?

So has there been any progress on fixing editing?

Looks like it’s been fixed. My oldest post is from March 13 and I can edit it now (which I couldn’t before).

@Amanda.Schade Also, there’s a bug with hidden posts & the activity feed: when signed in, I can’t scroll my entire activity feed anymore because it stops just before a hidden post; it stops at this post: Coming Soon: The Unreal Engine forums are leveling up! - #255 by midgunner66, where my post before it is hidden. When signed out, I can scroll the entire thing, so it only happens on the user’s account.

Nope, the option is unavailable to me on any of my posts I have looked at, with the exception of those I made in this thread over the last couple days.

The edit option is now missing from the posts I made in this thread last week. Please fix post editing. Thanks!

Ok, I think I know the problem. You don’t have a high enough trust level; you’re a “basic user”, whereas I’m a “member”. This may be it, it may not be; idk.

1 Like

Neat. Guess I’ll just keep posting here every day until I’m trusted with the great responsibility that comes with being able to edit my own posts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is now day 16, and post editing is still broken.

1 Like

It is now day 20, and post editing is still broken.

1 Like

You’re still at “Basic”, not “Member”, which could be the problem.

You can read about the trust levels here:

1 Like

All of these trust levels have edit limits, with the exception of the last one which is literal global moderator status, and requires manual promotion by a staff member.

That is clearly not a feasible solution.

Mobile doesn’t even have inset replies. Works much better.

The forum isn’t sending out messages again - or still.

And as you can tell, usage is now next to nothing.

1 Like

It’s working for me

It looks like images in many posts get replaced just by a filename. I searched this thread, but there’s so many content, I might have missed a similar entry, so I apologize for a duplicate. Here’s an example thread - but I found this on other threads as well.

So is fixing editing ever going to happen?

I got the notification :wink:

We’re looking into the issue with email notifications not going out (which we can reproduce) - but I’m not seeing this issue on any of my accounts. Will follow up!

We are unable to reproduce this issue, and our server side logs aren’t displaying any errors. The engineer suggested you disable browser extensions, as they’re most likely the culprit.