Coming Soon: The Unreal Engine forums are leveling up!

What accessibility man?
This layout doesn’t consider a single best practice, and you want them to consider font accessibility?
If someone from w3c looked at the code they would die of a stroke.
That’s discourse in a nutshell.

@anonymous_user_deb0406f
That just seems normal. If you select text and hit reply, the text you had selected is automatically put in the quote.
Not a horrible feature - just not a complete one either since you cannot do it several times successfully in the same post.

Re the rest.
obviously marketplace credits to correct answers in Ah is a great idea.

Fortnite is dying because the kids haven’t gone to school for a year.
Their parents lost their jobs.
You won’t be selling a cosmetic for $10 anymore.
Also the marvel season ending was so pathetically bad that everyone just started playing as a casual if even. The season after that had an even worse ending if possible - basically its like a fighting game’s initial character stories from 20+ years ago.
Save The World has no players in it because it’s stale af after the first 20 or so days of 3 hour games (60 hours of game play before you get bored of the grind).

Plus, they also lost fps in one of the updates back during the marvel season. It’s not just the engine. If kids need to roll the latest gfx just to be competitive, you also loose those kids that compete…

The funding is probably for other reasons though. Fortnite is just the excuse to make the engine worse… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fortnite is dying ?! :sweat_smile:

I haven’t played since 2018, but I don’t believe that’s the case (so Epic have plenty of monies to milk yet)

Player wise, comparing from season to season… yes. They disenfeanchise new players after a season ends by bad unskippable storytelling.
They may gain momentum when they do stuff like add marvel characters. But they end up loosing the momentum right after by not capitalizing correctly on it…

I’ve run into a new issue with the forum update. This wasn’t present in the initial rollout, but now I have old posts resurfacing as the latest posts in my thread.

So an issue raised by a marketplace customer that was resolved a year ago now appears as the latest post in my thread, and I have no notification that it happened. So if a customer were to look at the thread, they’re just going to think that the project doesn’t work.

Here is the link and a screenshot for reference: https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/top-down-stealth-toolkit/52343/154?u=stormrage256

Edit: Ok just noticed that it has happened to another one of my threads as well. This time it’s an assortment of random posts from over the years.

It does that already. Once you post in it, it sets the thread to “tracking” which takes you directly to the first post you haven’t seen yet (it should do that for you now since you’ve posted here). If you haven’t posted, just set the thread to “tracking” manually, or to “watching” if you want a notification for every new post. It also puts a gap before the first new post.
Also, use the forum scrollbar (the small one right beside the posts), not the page scrollbar or mouse wheel. This let’s you *jump* through the entire forum instead of scroll through it.

You had text in somebody's post highlighted, like MostHost_LA pointed out.
1 Like

It seems that in my topic all the posts from the years 2019 - 2021 are missing now. Please restore these posts:

1 Like

Oh ■■■■■■! Are thread subscriptions gone? I used that to keep track of a bunch of useful info and keep up to date with stuff :frowning:

1 Like

This issue has been fixed and all posts from both of the listed threads have now been restored back to their original timeline.

Replaced with this me thinks, more granularity:

I don’t mind the new functionality, the problem is the subscriptions we had in the old forum are completely gone

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to see the actual dates of posts instead of this dynamic crunched form by default. The XX days/months/years later inserts seems really silly.

2 Likes

@Amanda.Schade

Please re-review mobile functionality.

Your database is probably overloading and causing slow response times leading to :poop: interaction.

You can’t start to write a reply and scroll up to re-read what you need to answer without exiting the writing mode.
When you close the kyboard a page reload starts for no reason at all.

Scrolling/Moving upwards often causes the links at the very bottom that lead to completely different discussions to be pressed.

@VictorLerp
If you guys want us to actually answer the questions the community writes in we really need you to fix this rather basic stuff.

It’s been over a week and things are starting to go from worse to horrible.

While I like learning more by answering in on issues you are effectively making it impractical.

I’m really not willing to spend 5minutes dealing with the page loading/not loading, or ending up in a different thread and having to find the way back in order to answer a set of yes/no question that would otherwise take 20sec to address.

2 Likes

Old forum posts that I relied on for learning that I previously had in a bookmarks folder are almost all broken. Links for downloading files are gone and images are broken in the forum posts… This is making learning exceedingly difficult. Is there any way to revert to an older version of the forum so those older posts are useful again?

3 Likes

Just noticed that Youtube videos inserted within a Bulleted List don’t show any previews now. On the other hand, switching back to non-bulleted version makes the video preview occupy the entire width of the post.

It would be great if we could have an option to reduce the preview thumbnail size to 50% like we have with images.

1 Like

You can use the thumbnail of the video and link it to the video; not ideal since it doesn’t play the video, but it allows you to resize the thumbnails:
Unreal Engine 5 Revealed!MetaHuman Creator

Also works with bulleted list:
  • Unreal Engine 5 Revealed!
  • MetaHuman Creator

They just need to fix it.
Currently on mobile hitting play on a video just locks everything up.

1 Like

Just came across another minor usability issue. If you apply the Bold property to some words and then decide to remove it, Undo stops working.

And not just for reverting the Bold back to Normal, but all operations done prior to that become non-reversible as well. So it’s like no going back once you make something Bold.

2 Likes

Need to get used to but overall look fine to me. However, for some reason I can’t access forums or get my free games :stuck_out_tongue: unless I use VPN or Firefox private tab. Cleared browser cache, flushed dns, waited a few days. Currently using VPN to write this. Didn’t happen before forum change. But haven’t been around for some time, so not sure when it started happening.

I find the master scroll bar disorienting, it feels overwhelming, I liked the separate pages much better.
It’s like having to scroll through an entire PDF without having a page outline to hop to and from.
Separate pages make it faster reading-wise on BIG long threads.

You know what it’s like, it’s like a function in a Blueprint. The way we have it now with one gigantic scroll bar it’s like having a lot of nodes all over the place in one screen. With pages, you have all the nodes grouped into functions with everything feeling more neat and organized.

Also - Wish we could customizably change the font itself.

2 Likes

https://streamable.com/4n6sjt
:thinking:
Can you explain in detail as to why? You would think that not having to click a “next page” button every 10 or so posts would make reading faster (in fact, for page-based forums, there are settings for loading more than 10 posts per page; now why would you need something like that? :wink:).
Plus, an entire thread can be scrolled with the mouse wheel from start to finish without ever having to click a button.