RELEASED! Clones Generator is now in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.
- (26/10/2015) Clones Generator is now working for Unreal Engine 4.9!
- (03/10/2015) 4.9 compatibility sent to EPIC.
- (03/07/2015) The documentation was finally finished, you can it here.
- (25/06/2015) Working on s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶c̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ improvements for the Radial Modifier, Tracer Modifier and Randomized Method. Also, I’m working in another blueprint called Asset Composition.
- (23/06/2015) Now working in the Unreal Engine 4.8! Update it now!
- (18/06/2015) The Clones Generator is now in the Unreal Engine Marketplace, ready for you to purchase it!
- (22/05/2015) Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ V̶O̶T̶E̶ ̶N̶O̶W̶ f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶l̶l̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶!̶
- (08/05/2015) W̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶E̶P̶I̶C̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶l̶l̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶.̶
- (02/07/2015) If you are using Unreal Engine 4.7.6 probably you will not see the Clones Generator Blueprint. If that’s the case, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (30/04/2015) There is a couple of other options that has not been shown in the videos. I have a lot of ideas for the generator that I will leave as updates.
I am here to announce a project in what I have been working on, a clones generator blueprint :D. Basically, the clones generator blueprint allows you to create quick copies of an specific object, adjusting them with a bunch of different parameters to make it fully customizable or semi-procedural. The idea of this blueprint comes to me because sometimes, when it comes to make copies or duplications of a mesh, or couple of meshes, the task can be a little bit tedious and boring, you spent so much time trying to adjust their position, rotation and/or scale, and later on you noticed that something goes wrong, or you need to chage the position of all the copies, etc.
Well, take screenshots for a tool like this is a very difficult thing…
(28/04/2015) Here is a video showing you some of the features.
(21/03/2015) Check the radial modifier from the spline method in action.
So, the blueprint has 2 different ways, or methods, in which you can duplicate or make copies of your mesh. I will give you a brief overview of the methods (screenshoots with the parameters). Those are:
- Spline: This method is the way in which you can duplicate objects within a spline. This one has a couple of modifiers (Default, Equal Space, Radial, Tracer) that allows you to change the way in which the object is been duplicated through the spline.
- Randomized: If you just want to have a bunch of different meshes been randomized in a box, this is the method for you.
You saw in all the methods (except the spline method because the screenshoot was to large) an structure called “transform”? Well, this have all the related with the rotation and scale of the object, to make those random, and specific value, or both.
That was a quick overview of the settings you can play with in this blueprint :D. I would like to read some suggestions you can have for this, just to make it very functional for all of us! Questions are welcome too!
Thanks to all of you guys! for taking the time and read the post, or at least see the pictures.