I am proud to announce Attack Animal: Wolf has been released in the Marketplace.
Attack Animal: Wolf has a Health, Hunger, and Stamina system.
The Wolf will begin the level walking to random Path Nodes while its Hunger meter increases (at the rate you set). When the Hunger meter is full, the Wolf will become hungry, increasing its speed while it searches for Actors with an Enemy Tag. When an Enemy is discovered the Wolf will chase it down and the Stamina bar will begin to decrease (at the rate you set). When in range the Wolf will attack the Enemy and feed; feeding will fill the Health bar and reset the Hunger and Stamina bars. If the Wolf runs out of Stamina then the Wolf will need to rest and abandon the hunt to regain Stamina.
Attack Animal: Wolf was designed to be easy to set up - just drag and drop some Wolf Path Nodes into your levels, drag in some Wild Wolves, and add an Enemy Tag and Parent any actor you want these Wolves to hunt. It’s just that easy. Setup instructions are in the Demo level.
An important note to all buyers - I have included both Groom Fur and Hair Planes Fur versions for each Wolf. It is very clear to me that Groom is the future, however it is still early days for the Groom system and there are still many issues for the Epic team to hammer out. This is why I included a Hair Plane version for each of these wolves. As the Groom technology evolves, I will continue to keep the groom versions of the Wolves up to date. The main issue is having more than one groom asset on screen at the same time- the shader can be buggy. This same issue is present in the Meerkat Demo and I believe the Epic team will iron this out as the Groom tech improves.
Attack Animal: Wolf v1.0 Includes:
- (3) Rigged and Animated Skeletal Meshes with Groom Fur (RedWolf, BrownWolf, and GreyWolf)
- (3) Rigged and Animated Skeletal Meshes with Hair Planes Fur (RedWolf, BrownWolf, and GreyWolf)
- (81) Animations (In-Place and Root Motion)
- (2) Animation Blueprints (NPC_Wolf, and PlayAs_Wolf)
- (6) Character Blueprints with a Parent Class
- (4K) Textures and Materials
- Physics Asset
- 2D Movement BlendSpaces
-  LOD levels
- Perception based Enemy detection
- Health System with ragdoll death
- Hunger System to modulate hunting behavior
- Stamina System to give prey a fighting chance
- AI Controller
- Behavior Tree
- Overview map with setup information
- Wolf Sounds included
Scaled to Epic skeleton: Yes
Number of characters: 6 (RedWolf, BrownWolf, and GreyWolf in both Groom and Hair Planes options)
Texture Resolutions: 4096 X 4096
Number of Animations: 81
Supported Development Platforms: (Windows)