Attack Animal: Wolf

I am proud to announce Attack Animal: Wolf has been released in the Marketplace.

Attack Animal: Wolf has a Health, Hunger, and Stamina system.

The Wolf will begin the level walking to random Path Nodes while its Hunger meter increases (at the rate you set). When the Hunger meter is full, the Wolf will become hungry, increasing its speed while it searches for Actors with an Enemy Tag. When an Enemy is discovered the Wolf will chase it down and the Stamina bar will begin to decrease (at the rate you set). When in range the Wolf will attack the Enemy and feed; feeding will fill the Health bar and reset the Hunger and Stamina bars. If the Wolf runs out of Stamina then the Wolf will need to rest and abandon the hunt to regain Stamina.

Attack Animal: Wolf was designed to be easy to set up - just drag and drop some Wolf Path Nodes into your levels, drag in some Wild Wolves, and add an Enemy Tag and Parent any actor you want these Wolves to hunt. It’s just that easy. Setup instructions are in the Demo level.

An important note to all buyers - I have included both Groom Fur and Hair Planes Fur versions for each Wolf. It is very clear to me that Groom is the future, however it is still early days for the Groom system and there are still many issues for the Epic team to hammer out. This is why I included a Hair Plane version for each of these wolves. As the Groom technology evolves, I will continue to keep the groom versions of the Wolves up to date. The main issue is having more than one groom asset on screen at the same time- the shader can be buggy. This same issue is present in the Meerkat Demo and I believe the Epic team will iron this out as the Groom tech improves.

Wolf_Splash_4

Attack Animal: Wolf v1.0 Includes:

• (3) Rigged and Animated Skeletal Meshes with Groom Fur (RedWolf, BrownWolf, and GreyWolf)
  • (3) Rigged and Animated Skeletal Meshes with Hair Planes Fur (RedWolf, BrownWolf, and GreyWolf)
  • (81) Animations (In-Place and Root Motion)
  • (2) Animation Blueprints (NPC_Wolf, and PlayAs_Wolf)
  • (6) Character Blueprints with a Parent Class
  • (4K) Textures and Materials
  • Physics Asset
  • 2D Movement BlendSpaces
  • [7] LOD levels
  • Perception based Enemy detection
  • Health System with ragdoll death
  • Hunger System to modulate hunting behavior
  • Stamina System to give prey a fighting chance
  • AI Controller
  • Behavior Tree
  • Blackboard
  • Overview map with setup information
  • Wolf Sounds included
1 Like

Hello
We are an indie studio from Brazil that is developing an adventure game based on our indigenous culture.
Game levels are all nature, forest and rivers, representing south america rain forest.

We bought all your animals to use in the scenarios :slight_smile:
Was wondering if you´re available to work as a freelancer to integrate all the packs and configure hunting patters for boar and wolf.

Thanks so much for creating these amazing animals.

Kind regards.

Sounds like an awesome project, a project I’d be proud to have my work in for sure!
Unfortunately I’m not available for freelance work but I’m always here if you run into any issues. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Also keep me posted on the project I’d love to see what you come up with!

how do you " add an Enemy Tag and Parent any actor you want these Wolves to hunt"

In the questions section of the listing on the Marketplace someone was asking how to add an enemy tag to an actor. This info is in the Demo Level, but I thought it would also be helpful here as well. In this example I’m adding a tag to the 3rd person blueprint- but you can do the same with any Actor Blueprint.

Next we need to Parent our character, so in the same blueprint, click on Class Settings- then on the top right is where you assign the Parent. Assign “BP_CharacterBaseWithHealth” as the parent. Now your actor will be seen and hunted by these Wolves.

is there any way to have the wolves respawn (over time) after i have killed them all?

Another good question from the Comments section. The Node you are looking for is called “Spawn Actor from Class”
Here is a quick example of how you might use it. Open the BP_NPC_AttackAnimalBase Blueprint (in the ParentClassBlueprints Folder). in the Event Graph, at the bottom in the Damage section- After the Wolf ragdolls, there is a timer, then the Wolf gets destroyed. In this example before the Wolf is destroyed I have added a SpawnActorfromClass node. I’m spawning a RedWolf in the same spot as the Mesh (see image).

Now when a Wolf is killed, it will ragdoll and after the time in the Timer has elapsed, A brand new Wolf will spawn where the old one died.

That’s just one quick example, something more fun might be when the player overlaps a collision volume in the level- Spawn 5 of them in a near by spot.
I hope that was helpful

Hello I had bought your attack wolf and had different characters to make them seen as enemy’s. One of them I don’t want to reparent the blueprint. Even after adding the interface to this character and setting the “am I alive” Boolean on death they still don’t stop attacking like the ones with reparenting the blueprint. They see the target just fine but won’t see the target as dead. Is there something else I am missing? Thank you for your time

Open the Services folder (in the AI folder)
Then open “Wolf_BTService_IsEnemyAlive”
Replace the cast to character with a cast to your character.
That should do it, let me know if that was the fix you needed.

That pointed me in the right direction! thank you and great work by the way!

1 Like