Combo Montages not playing fully

Hi, I’m having an issue with a combo attacking system. I have it setup where the montages play based on a save attack, continue chain system, but if I press the attack button multiple times within the notify window, it will cancel the montage it’s on and start playing the next montage. I’d like the montage to play fully even if the button is being pressed within the notify window and then move on to the next montage. pics of setup below.

Hey buddy,

Rather than do it all from in the montage, as I imagine you are doing some character logic when the button is pressed. Get the anim instance and use montage play use a select node and use your combo counter to select the right montage and then input that into the montage play.

Not exactly sure how you’re saying to set this up. I have 4 montages, and within the notifies there’s a continue the combo and save attack notify on 3 montages, except the last one. I’m more looking of a way to ignore all input from the attack button until after the montage fully plays. As it is right now, if I keep pressing the attack button, the montages all start and then interrupt each other instead of playing the first one fully until it catches the attack button being pressed in the notify window, then moving onto the next one, etc. until the sequence has finished.

I’m super new to this. Would you happen to have a pic of what you’re describing? Making booleans, yes I can do that. As for where to put it…:confused:

Oh just add a boolean check in front of the input action and only make it false when your exit transition is complete

For some reason, what I did was right, but wasn’t working the first time around. I redid the entire setup, and now it works.