Combining Packed Level Actor, Nanite and Fracture?

On UE 5.1p2, I have a set of Nanite meshes I combined into a Packed Level Actor (PLA) and wish to use Fracture on this PLA. This doesn’t work well, here are the problems:

• the PLA converted to GeometryCollection is not looking like the original, it’s completely messed up.

• convertion to GeometryCollection takes several minutes. Converting Nanite meshes to GeometryCollection also takes a long time, as well as any fracture operation on these meshes (but works).

Since the combination of Nanite+PLA+fracture doesn’t seem to be working or be usable, I am wondering how are we supposed to make optimized destructible levels in UE5? Any guidelines about how to proceed?

My understanding is PLA is using an underlying merged mesh, so this one may be used for Fracture? This may not be that simple though.

Only using Nanite with fracture is a challenge in itself due to the time it takes to process the mesh fractures (even when Nanite is enabled in geometry collection).

Update: for now I’ll use Merged Actors for Nanite meshes to be used with Fracture, I guess that’s the way to go.