Combat Descent - Aerial Underground Battle Royale

Introduction
Hello UE4 community! I haven’t actually posted here before, so I’ll introduce myself as well. My name is CrimsonOctopus and I’m a solo, independent game developer and artist. I work in Unity3D and UnrealEngine these days (though exclusively in UnrealEngine as of late). I have a Bachelors in Comp Sci with an emphasis in Game Programming from California State University, Monterey Bay. I am a US Marine veteran and attended a few semesters of art school for 3d modeling and illustration. You can find me on Twitter and Instagram as CrimsonOctopus for more pictures (and probably more regular updates). Now on to my game!

Summary
Combat Descent is a fast-paced, third-person action game featuring a Battle Royale-style, last-man-standing game mode (with a few twists, of course!). Each player is equipped with a jetpack flight rig and can carry 5 consumable items and 2 weapons. Players can pickup fuel to recharge their jetpacks and must use their jetpacks to safely traverse the map and find loot. The map is divided vertically by doors that players must spend time opening to advance toward the final goal. Much of the environment (such as cover but excluding walls and floors) is destructible.

Story
Players are the survivors of humanity, scavenging to survive aboard a depleted space station in low orbit around a desolate Earth. A mysterious call from a supposed Martian colony beckons 100 contestants to the ruined surface of the Earth, deep inside a city-scale apocalypse bunker, to find a hidden advanced research lab with a secret portal to a Martian paradise. With futuristic jetpack flight rigs and mechanized suits, players skydive through the scarred atmosphere of the Earth, from the space station toward the massive underground cavern complex. Once players arrive in the Earth’s atmosphere during a rare lull in the storm, they have a limited period of safety before the powerful Earth’s powerful and deadly radiation storm envelopes the cavern complex entirely. They must descend through the caverns, opening massive nuclear weapon-resistant airlocks to travel deeper and deeper toward the portal somewhere below. Once the portal is found, however, only one player may enter it! Players will have to fight to the death before the door to the portal room will grant them access (and they have to survive the approaching storm!)

Technical
The game is made entirely in Blueprints by CrimsonOctopus (except for the voxel system, which is Phyronnaz’s Voxel Plugin PRO). The 3D models are made by CrimsonOctopus in Blender. Sound design and music are basically at 0% progress, so if you’re interested in that sort of thing, let me know (though I have no payment/profit plan yet).

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“A screenshot of the current player armor suit (in Blender)”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-tempid”:“temp_147580_1537057069722_335”,“title”:“ArmorSuit.png”}[/ATTACH]
https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“A commercial gateway terminal for transportation into lower cavern levels”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-tempid”:“temp_147582_1537057621431_41”,“title”:“GatewayTerminal.png”}[/ATTACH]
https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

[video=facebook_2017;CrimsonOctopusGames/videos/288475401755774/]CrimsonOctopus Games - Combat Descent: Gateway Terminal gameplay | Facebook | By CrimsonOctopus Games | This is a video of some gameplay footage! The player is navigating through a Gateway Terminal, which is like an airport except that passangers aboard...

https://twitter.com/CrimsonOctopus

There’s a ton more pictures, gifs and videos on my Instagram and Twitter!