.Quixel Megascans
.City of Brass: Environments
.Polypixel Old Town
.FreshCan Mountain Village Environment
.Assetsville Town
.Twinmotion Content plugin

Screenshots of my project in editor

Description
Hi, I’m Jhosep Chevarria, from Arequipa, Perú, an Environment Artist and Level designer with 10 years of experience creating scenes for videogames, Archviz, and simulations.

This Scene was created for the Unreal Challenge Better Light Than Never, the goal of this scene is to use real-time Lighting and squeeze out all the color bleeding and Global Illumination Lumen can offer, using traditional techniques of composition and lighting, with an edited Sunsky blueprint, and carefully tone mapped scene, I wanted to express happiness and peace with this little town, adding a good variety of plants and trees, especially with Roses and Jacarandas (my favorites plant and tree).

A good part of the mood and lighting of the scene are from the color bounces between the colorful buildings and foliage present in the scene, the Idea came from famous scenes like the Sponza Atrium.
Recorded with the Movie Scene Capture (Legacy) tool.

Inspired by South America (from my City Arequipa) and European towns.

More screenshots: ArtStation - Colorful Town, UE5, Better Light Than Never Unreal Challenge

• Engine version

-UE5 (5.0.2)

Thanks for passing by, I hope you like it!
Also thanks everyone for your nice words, I’m grateful with this beautiful community, is about to have fun, enjoy and learn.

24 Likes

Wow I love this!!! Love your color combinations, and you were able to capture so much detail! It’s very immersive, great work!

1 Like

Thanks Intarsia.K for you nice words.

1 Like

This is by far the best submission I’ve seen so far, such a beautiful vibrant environment.
The lighting is perfect and the detail is outstanding, the post process was also really well made.

1 Like

Thanks Mr.NoM3rcy for your words, I’m happy you like my work.

That looks great!!
I don’t know, and I can’t understand how creative people like you can create such of a beautiful piece of art. That’s just fascinating!

Love it, keep on doing these great projects!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi GIIIPFEL :partying_face: It is an honor for me to read such a beautiful comment, thank you very much.

1 Like

Hello Jhosep!

Your colorful town is absolutely breathtaking! The closeness of the buildings and the details such as the flowerpots and banners give the feeling of a close-knit community where everyone knows everyone’s names.

The roses and jacarandas are overflowing, abundant and thriving in the sun! You’ve chosen great camera angles to showcase the beauty of the town.

Thank you for your submission! Your 10 years of experience shows! What was your favorite part of creating is colorful town?

2 Likes

Hi Get_DOVAH_it, thanks for your nice words, I’m happy you like it, I love your description about the scene.
My favorite part was the moment when I had to choose the colors of the buildings, each color gives different styles to the scene, the moment to select between yellow, green, purple, blue or red and see how the little elements react to the global illumination.

1 Like

Very beautiful scenes like the scenery in oil paintings have the opportunity to be sure to visit your hometown

1 Like

Thanks guys for your really nice words, have a fantastic day!

1 Like

If only my magic wand had not broken. :magic_wand: :boom:

Thank you for linking Jhosep’s work, @AntiGravity ! I took a look, and I am immensely impressed!

3 Likes

I appreciate reading such nice comments. It’s an honor for me. Thank you!

2 Likes

It looks fabulous!

2 Likes

Thanks hangqwe :blush:

Superb work! Lighting and colors are so good! You nailed this in my opinion!

2 Likes

Hi Bisqo_M, thanks for your nice words :partying_face:

This is super pretty.

3 Likes

I’m happy you like it :slight_smile: