I have seen this posted for 4.7 but not 4.11 and I this is not the same exact issue. In most cases the Color Picker operates as it should but I have a Widget with a Linear Color Variable and also a Slate Color Variable in it and when I adjust any value it will close just as I release the mouse button.
I also have a couple other Widgets that have Linear and Slate Color Variables that seem unresponsive as I adjust the values, the picker circle does not move with the mouse and the sliders do not move with the mouse. Again, these to close when you release the mouse button.
Just as added Information, This does not do this on all widget blueprints, some slate colors work fine, some linear colors work fine, and sometimes both work fine… I created 3 new widget blueprints and all three acted different.
This is a Binary build from the launcher and is version 4.11.2-2946394
EDIT: I found that this happens only if you select the variable in the variables list, if you select the variable node in the blueprint then it will function properly.
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
Thanks for the quick response Rudy!
- I created a new project, First Person (Blueprint of coarse) for Desktop/Console.
- I created a folder called UMG in the Content folder.
- Created a Widget Blueprint called TestWidget
- Created a Slate Color Variable
- Created a Linear Color Variable
- Clicked the Slate Color Variable and in the details panel under Default Value I click the color bar. The color picker opens, I hold the left mouse button to change the color and when I release the left mouse button it grabs the color that the cursor was on and automatically closes out the color picker. This happens on any color adjustment in the picker including advanced sliders.
- Clicked the Linear Color Variable -this one seems to work fine on this test
- Drug out both variables to the blueprint (get) and click on either one, the color picker functions correctly from here.
I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-30014) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.
Make it a great day