I just noticed the following, using UE4.8.p2 (but the issue is already present in earlier versions):
When I add a text render component to a BP and try to set the text color in the details panel, the color dialog immediately closes after clicking anywhere inside it.
The color where I clicked is selected but the dialog closes. That makes adjusting a color pretty tedious :rolleyes:
The same color dialog works flawlessly in other scenarios (material editor, etc.) Also when you place a text render directly in the level, it works.
So to reproduce:
- Create a BP based on Actor.
- Add a Text Render Component.
- Click on the text color property in the details panel to invoke the color dialog.
- Click on any color within the colored circle.
- You will now observe that the dialog closes immediately.