Download

Color dropdown menu

Hi all,

First, I apologize for my english level.
I’m french, I don’t speak english very well, but I’ll do my best…
I looked for a result about my issue in the forum but I didn’t find anything.
I use BP spotlights in a scene and I would like to set the light color directly trough a dropdown menu wich contain some custom predefined colors.
Since it’s possible to do everything with blueprint (except coffee maybe…), I think there is a way to do this but I can’t find.

Does someone can give me a way?
Does someone know a tutorial to do this?

Regards,
Etiles.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, I think this book can help. The second tutorial shows how to change the color of the player character using materials through the construction script (at least I think that’s where I got it from). You should be able to get some idea how to do the same with your lights, although the process is probably slightly different for a light vs a skel mesh. I don’t remember enough of it to say anything further, but the second tutorial in this book was quite helpful for a number of things.

Hi etiles,

You can set them up with a Material Instance Dynamic in the construction script and expose that to be editable in the details pane. Is that what you mean? You can find more information about that here:

It’s almost what I’d like to do. But in my case, I would change the color in real time, choosing the color in a premade list…

Not sure what you want. By real time, you mean when you actually play a game, or on creation?

If when playing a game, I think you need to create a menu using UMG. If you wanted to change the color from a palette, when you placed an instance in a scene, you can do that via contruction script, & create a Array Variable (to a vector maybe) to store the preset colors, where each index is an RGB vector value.