Colony2

We have our test server back online courtesy of G-portal. If you would like to help test some of the game mechanics that we are currently working on, swing by our Discord for access.

We’re planning another round of public testing of basic game functions beginning on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 and would like to recruit more volunteers.

Specifically, we want testing and feedback for the following:

Harvesting Trees
Backpack Functionality
Data Panel Functionality
Comments on Thirst and Hunger Rate
Challenge level of basic mobs (Rats, Skeletons, Miners)

Account Creation:Colony2 Pre-Alpha Registration (use a throwaway or one time email during testing)
Launcher download: http://www.colonysquared.com/Colony2LauncherSetup.exe
Feedback and comments via Discord: Colony2

Our public test server is up gain.

We’re working out some bugs with the process, but invite everyone to give it a spin.

Note: Due to an engine bug which causes the dedicated server to crash, felling of trees is temporarily disabled.

Account Creation:Colony2 Pre-Alpha Registration (use a throwaway or one time email during testing)
Launcher download: http://www.colonysquared.com/Colony2LauncherSetup.exe
Feedback and comments via Discord: Colony2

How many people is working on the game?

1 full time programmer, 3 part-time contributors

End of year update. Happy New Year everyone!

By popular demand, The Purple Haze™ has been banished to the NetherWorld:

Tour of the unfinished map:

Guide for March Pre-Alpha Testers

Development Update for 14 Mar 2018:

@Rhynedahll Colony is looking fabulous. I admire your focus and dedication.

I N S P I R A T I O N A L

Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Brief May Update:

Nice progress, would like to see a more recent update :3

We’ve planned on an update for several months, but we’ve re-vamped many of our systems over the last couple of quarters in preparation for producing content for the as yet undetermined demo launch and have focused mainly on squashing bugs and streamlining functionality.

At the moment, we’re working on a new map that will be exclusive to the demo. In a few weeks, we hope to have it in presentable shape and then will produce an update video demonstrating our prototype quest mechanic.

H.