Collisions detection suddenly inconsistent at best

I have a very weird problem. All the sudden the collisions on one of my weapons suddenly got out of whack. My setting are exactly the same as it is on my working weapon collisions, but certain animations pick up the collision while others do not. I have the exact same animation notify in all of the collision animations. On the non-working animations, one fires inconsistently maybe 2-10 times, while the other does not fire at all.

The collisions in a lot of cases doesn’t fire at all even though they are enabled. And it is set to detect Pawns, but the capsules just go through without a collision overlap fire off. This should be a simple collision but it is really a head scratcher.
3.02.23_CollisonDetectionNotWorking3

After testing it again it seems the only thing that is being picked up is the character holding the weapon, but not the one being hit with it.

I’m going to assume by the “LightSwordswing” anim notify, that this is on a melee sword weapon and you are just turning capsule collision on and off?

That can be a bit of an unstable way to do melee. You could try doing one of those tick anim notifies to spam sphere traces instead.

It is. I had that setup previously, but had a different set of issues with that.

I guess you could try a combination of both then.

You also don’t have to just anim notify trace off the length of the sword mesh either. You could set your own start and end values that happen to go off when the sword swings. I know sometimes just relying on the sword swing animation can be tricky if there aren’t a lot of frames.

And if that doesn’t work you could literally just line trace directly in front of your character and if there happens to be someone in front when you press the sword animation it could trigger.
Edit: I guess it would have to be a larger sphere trace if you want the ability to hit more than one at a time though.

As long as some combination of something detects an enemy in front of you, that’s the goal right?