Collision with Hide and Show

Hi,

For my creative map, im making a building with a system of hide and show (Everything is hide with the .hide and .show of the UEFN. When I activate something, then specific structures become .show.) My problem is that my structures has collision obviously, but my player interfer with the collision even when my structures is hide. Like the point of view of my player interfer with the hidden structures and also when I pass through. I can pass through the hidden structures but also I stuck for half a second with it. Can someone help me ?

This may help: collision-on-colorchanging-device-platform-doesnt-work-on-hidden

You can use prop_manipulator to Hide() a prop and remove its collision (I believe the collision will be hidden a bit before the prop is visually hidden though)

Alternatively, you could TeleportTo[] the prop under the map when you want to hide it and Teleport it back to its original position when you want to show it.

Hope it helps :+1:

Good suggestion on teleporting the prop even though it seems a lot like a workaround. Personally I’ve found that Hide/Show is laggy and has very unreliable timing. Teleporting or spawning props seems to be much more responsive.

1 Like

I’d learn Data Layers in the documentation. They’re easy to setup and only need a cinematic sequencer device (as opposed to the visual clutter of prop manipulator zones or manually assigning props to show/hide). You can simply unload (remove visual and collision) and activate (show visual and enable collision) groups of actors for a tycoon game, for example