Collision Settings influencing mouse click events how?

Im playing around in top down sample, and i created a custom class “item” of an actor with a touchsphere and a static mesh. i left the collision of the static mesh on nocollision at all times.

now when i try to implement clickable events, i noticed that as long as “nocollision” on the touchsphere is active on the “item” blueprint, it does not register any click events.
as soon as i change that to “overlap pawn”, it does register clicks. so far so good. how comes ? is the mouseclick dependent upon the collision settings? i noticed that some tutorials recommended to put collision settings of a class that is to be clicked on “block all” so apparently there is some kind of dependency.

annoying thing: even though the mesh of the item as well as the touchsphere should ignore/overlap my character, as i have collision on overlappawn, for some reason the touchsphere now blocks the character ?!?! is this intended behavior, epic ?

i couldnt find any info on this !

I also would love more insight on this. Did You manage to find connection between mouse clicke and collision settings?

Me too! I would love some more information on this.

For Basic Information just go to “Collison Overview” on the UnrealDocs.
Keep in mind that you need to check if your pawns “Object Type” is really set to “Pawn” to have it work with your turret actors settings. Maybe the “Object Type” you chose for your turret actor is set to be ignored (or blocked, or what ever your problem is) by your pawn ? If you want to use “OnClicked” or “OnTouchBegin” Events with an actor it has to “Block” “Visibility” and “Simulation Generate Hit Events” needs to be set to “True”