Collision object channel not working as expected

Hello,
I made a custom object channel named ‘player’ and associated my player with this channel.
In another blueprint, I checked overlap on the player channel so that if the player walks on this object he can take it.

When I attach this object to my player I change the response to the channel ‘player’ to ‘ignore’ so that I exclude the player for the hit test.

But it doesn’t work, I put a node to print the string of the object colliding with the object collected and it always returns the player classname on trace results.

I don’t know if I am clear, I just want the hit event not to be fired by the player when the object is attached to it.
I tried many solutions but no one helped.

I believe the Custom Object Channel is the best way to do it but I can’t make it works.

I looked at the trace channel but I am not sure of this functionality.

Have you any idea?

Thank you so much for your help.

Well I tried to use CustomTraceChannel and it works perfectly.

It is a bit tricky to understand but it is great functionality!

Simply create a new custom collision channel that blocks all, and in the editor, on the player collision setup, check ‘ignore’ on this channel. Then, in the linetracebychannel, select this new channel and that’s all…

It seems to be a little harder than I understood.

I have another problem, later in my game, I must apply a custom preset to my object. The goal remains the same: the object must ignore the player.

It works fine with my last answer but if I enable block on worldstatic the player is hit!

In other words, I need worldstatic enabled, my player is set to be ‘player’ in collision settings, I ignore player on my object and it works fine as soon as I uncheck worldstatic on my collision preset in the settings, which I use on my object collision settings.

How can it happen?

I don’t know why, but it works now…