Collision Issues/Migrating from UDK

So I recently got hired as a contractor (Level Designer) on this project and one of my tasks is to import all current assets into UE4. The prototype level was done for the most part in UDK, however all rooms were already modeled in another 3ds/Maya (IE there is no modular construction in the prototype.). The rooms are all square shaped and the collision worked fine inside the UDK from what I saw, I was able to run around the 3 rooms and what not.

HOWEVER, once I imported the exported assets into UE4 I could not walk around the rooms anymore. I would try play from here and just get sent to some empty part of the level. I tried putting a player start within one of the rooms and I get a bad size error, and the same thing happens as before. I tried importing the original assets since I figured maybe it was just the export/import that screwed the collision and still I get the same error. I have also tried adding collision to the mesh itself BUT when I do that it treats it as a box and it gets me nowhere.

My question is am I missing something in the import process or is there some issue with rooms being already boxed out and built? Am I being a total newb? I know the engine is new but I cant be this dense as to not be able to figure this out. Help!

Anyone? Suggestions?

Hi ,

Can you post this toanswers.unrealengine.com so we can better assist you? Thank you and have a great day!

Done and done