Collision issue with walls generated in Blueprint

I followed this tutorial: https://www…com/watch?v=kmnC6IUPGjI&index=10&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaG5BW72It4chjhypxIO9ZB
My blueprint looks same as end of this tutorial, using walls (not pillars).

Collisions work fine with my character, but I noticed that collisions do not work with physics objects on generated pieces of wall. physics objects will collide with first section if it’s set to static (one that is placed and not generated by blueprint).

I have made all combinations of changes I could come up with in collision settings. I also tried setting collision to enabled in for loop to try to set each one, and that didn’t seem to do anything.

I’m at a loss on things to try. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hey markdj,

Is first section of your wall your root component or are you using a scene component like in tutorial?

-Steve

I have scene component as root like tutorial, does that need to change?

Edit: I tried making one with BaseWall as root and it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Hey,

We just tested this and it appears issue described above is a result of collision on Static Mesh used. Collision Complexity for Pillar_50x500 mesh is set to Use Complex Collision as Simple, and this appears to not be working correctly when interacting with Physics Actors in this situation. If you set this to Default, all meshes in chain will have collision as expected. You shouldn’t need to set base to Static for this to work.

Our developers are looking into issue, but until that gets resolved you can set Collision Complexity to Default.

Hope this helps!