Collision help

I am trying to get 2 separate collision boxes to be triggered on when a static mesh comes in to contact from 1 direction only.
So for instance in a basket ball hoop, if the ball(static mesh) is thrown in the hoop ,score point
If ball is thrown under the hoop dont score point.
Ive set it up as

=top collision box = collision1
=bottom collision box= collision 2
so i want the score to be counted only if the ball is thrown the correct way.
collision 1 + collision 2 = score 1
collision 2 + collision 1 = no score
ive tried everything , its so frustrating that this does not make sense to me,

in the end i ended up with second screenshot, which i know is wrong, i just dont know why now :slight_smile:

Both collisions are disabled in as screenshot 3

327230-basketball03.jpg

can someone help me in how to do this please.
Thanks

that works perfectly.
Thank you very much

Question: Could it be done with boolean , ie bool1 AND bool2 ? Just for my own peace of mind.

Thanks Again!!

This works with the first person projectile, which is as fast as any basketball you’re going to simulate:

Not easily, that’s the problem you were having :slight_smile:

LOL :slight_smile:
Any documentation or resources you can advise me to look at for the answer?

Thank you again!

You mean to do it with bools? No. For other things, can you be a bit more specific?

It’s a nightmare if you think about it because you can’t tell what order the boxes were visited in. The ball can just hit one box, and you don’t know when to reset it.

Id like to be able to do it with bool, (so the above problem using bool) {so i can use it in the future with the same scenario or something else}
Since I know which order the collision boxes will be hit at. ie, Collision1 then Collision2, I would expect that to be fairly easy, but it wasn’t :smiley:
Any idea how i would go about it with bool?

Sometimes bool is good, but not here.

If the ball skims up and only hits the lower box, how can you use bools to know when it hit the upper box? All a bool does, it say it DID hit a box, but we don’t know when.

Another example is if the ball skims the top box ( setting a bool ) and drops off the side. Next time the lower box is hit, if we use bools, we think it hit the top box, but it didn’t.

Generally speaking, to do this kind of thing, you need to use one of bool or DoOnce or timers. But here, bool and DoOnce are no good.

OK, thank you so much for your time, appreciate it!