Code signing error started today

I’ve been having this issue that just started happening. I’ve packaged this project dozens of times with no issues. This just randomly started today. Whenever I build for IOS it fails with this error:

ATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Code Signing Error: Automatic signing is unable to resolve an issue with the “StarDomain” target’s entitlements. Switch to manual signing and resolve the issue by downloading a matching provisioning profile from the developer website. Alternatively, to continue using automatic signing, remove these entitlements from your entitle
ments file and their associated functionality from your code.
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile “iOS Team Provisioning Profile: Hershberg.StarDomain0.1” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 12.1’

Best I could find online is this stack overflow thread:

Has anyone else been having this issue with unreal? None of the solutions there seem to help. I tried just about everything and can’t seem to fix this.

So I was able to narrow this down to having a C++ class inside my Blueprint project. I tried it out on a new project as well. If I make a new project and package for iOS using my regular provisions, it works just fine. If I add a C++ class and let the engine compile, and then try and build for iOS, it’ll give a provisioning error.

Anyone ever run across this before?

I have the same issue BigJohn and I can’t find a solution neither.

Same issue, been trying to fix this for about a month now. Had to cancel the iOS release for my old app and I still can’t get it working for my new one. There are so many threads relating to this issue that epic never seem to reply to, and in the 4.22 patch notes it looked like they fixed this but it still doesn’t work in 4.22 (with my new project that was never on 4.21).

Are you guys all on Windows or are you doing this on a Mac?

You can’t build UE games for iOS on Windows if it has to do ANY compiling at all. That includes unbuilt plugins, C++ classes, etc.

If you’re on Mac then the process is ludicrously easy. You create all of the profiles online, but don’t download them. Use XCode to “fetch manual profiles” and that’ll get everything you need. Then restart UE and look at your iOS settings.
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile “iOS Team Provisioning Profile: Hershberg.StarDomain0.1” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.

This error here means you’re building a Shipping/Distribution build using a Development profile. You need to use both a Distribution Certificate AND a Distribution Provisioning Profile.

Don’t use manual signing, just create all the right certs and provisions and fetch them with XCode. :slight_smile:

My project is full blueprint with two plugins, how would I go about building the plugins?