Code-Based Project still not packaging Plugin

Hi guys!

In an attempt to package my otherwise blueprint-only project with Rama’s Victory plugin (awesome work, Rama), I added four empty code classes to my project - two pawns, a PlayerController, and a completely empty class.

When I try to build the resulting project, the buildtool breaks with the following error text in UnrealBuildTool.txt:

Parsing headers for Arena
Reflection code generated for Arena
Performing 13 actions (4 in parallel)
[3/13] Resource Arena.rc
PCH.UELinkerFixups.UELinkerFixupsName.h.cpp
PCH.Arena.Arena.h.cpp
UELinkerFixups.cpp
Arena.generated.cpp
VictoryPluginPC.cpp
VictoryPawn2.cpp
VictoryPawn.cpp
VictoryEmpty.cpp
LevelUpData.cpp
Arena.cpp
HTTPStreamingASync.cpp
[13/13] Link Arena.exe
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Win64\VictoryBPLibrary-Static.lib'
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Billy\Dropbox\Projects\Arena\Unreal\Binaries\Win64\Arena.exe
Cumulative action seconds (4 processors): 0.00 building projects, 34.58 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.10 linking, 0.00 other
UBT execution time: 43.01 seconds

The .lib file referenced does not exist in the downloadable version of Rama’s plugin, and therefore is not at the location referenced. Is that created afterwards, or is this error just a symptom that my project is still blueprint-only?

edit: bumping this thread to add that I’ve added actual code to my project in order to implement a custom datatable structure. Trying to remove this plugin, even following Rama’s instructions, causes my project to crash, and I can’t package it while the plugin is still attached.

Can anyone help? :frowning:

Here’s the crash data: (super long) MachineId:987CDC954B51AABC82B214AE56220798EpicAccountId:5505438a0d414b9c8cab9a - Pastebin.com

As has been mentioned many times on the forums, until 4.8 you need to have Visual Studio and recompile my plugin for your project yourself in order to package it.

This restriction should be going away in 4.8, the closer we get to plugins being available on the marketplace.

#Uploading

I’m going to package and upload a 4.7.6 version, which has a much higher file size but includes the static lib.

#Solution, Download For You

Hi there!

I’ve packaged my plugin with a sample project in 4.7.6 in order to produce the static lib, it is in my May 29th 2015 build which has the noticeably higher download size of 7.8mb

UE4 Wiki Link

Please let me know if this is sufficient to enable you to package.

Have fun today!

Rama

Worked perfectly! Thank you for packaging it again for me, I probably would have screwed up the VS build as well :slight_smile:

When are you releasing the plugin for 4.8?, it works in the editor but will not work for packaged builds

I just packaged my game in 4.8 with the VictoryPlugin and played it successfully.

Which version of the VictoryPlugin do I need to have it work on Unreal 4.8.1?

I see a long list but I am not sure which plugin to download.