Co-Op multiplayer prototype 'GUNDWARF'

Thanks guys!

The server browser uses parse.com as the back-end and I’m using VaREST plug-in to communicate with it( it’s a cool JSON plugin, search the forums you’ll find it :smiley: ).
The actual front-end is built using UMG. It consists of 2 blueprint widgets. The first one is the container, it simply has the background image and a vertical box that is ready to put servers in. My second blueprint widget is a horizontal box with 2 textblocks and 1 button( ServerName, ServerIP and Connect button ).

When you launch the server browser, I used the VaREST plugin to fetch all of the server data, and for every entry I add one blueprint widget to my blueprint widget and populate its data with the servers data.

if doesn’t make sense I might make a video/text tutorial for it sometime later :). If you have any questions let me know, I’m learning stuff as well.

And is a tiny update in my exploration of the character style:

I’m still looking at different games/movies etc to see which models work the best for what I am trying to achieve. There’s tons of stuff to learn from :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info man. I’ve been using UMG to build up my menus and all that too. What I’m really curious about is the parse.com part and the VaREST plug-in and how that is all connected. Atm I’m just hacking everything together with concole commands to join other players :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet character btw, reminds me of a mix between a mini Rambo and Burt Reynolds

Hey Pampers, which part do you need help with, VaREST or Parse.com so I can explain a bit more.

is a paytest from yesterday. I’ve worked a bit on new weapons( machine guns ) and I did a tiny new model ( with physics bandana which doesn’t behave that nice yet haha ). 's me and some friends trying it out:

https:///?v=IVvzKZObf-8

That’s so cool! I really like it!

looks so much fun!

Bandana physics are quite funny. The blood spatters look good - Is it ShooterGame FX or your own? (Seems to look better)

Now waiting for blood decals on environment :wink:

I have a question , creating the zoom effect did you use some kind of trace that would increase accuracy when zoomed? Just a question because I really like GOW and ME effect

Cheers :slight_smile:

Yes, the way I do it is I have a variable in my weapon called something like AimError. It increases when you run or jump. It decreases when you enable zooming. When you fire a round it increases for a short amount of time. ( when you have perks enabled, it stays stable etc).

Then when I actually do the final linecast I use a random offset in a cone. The size of the cone is based on AimError. I drew each trace with debug lines to see which value matches the crosshair. And thats how I found that it matches the circle crosshair that I found quite perfectly.

Most of the stuff I learned from either shootergame or unrael tournament. They both are a great resource for these kinds of stuff. Sometime it is hard to read through them, but if you are stuck, ask question on these forums! :slight_smile:

Good luck man .

Ok thanks, there’s something so special about your prototype, it looks so addicting to play. Keep up the good work please!

Really nice, looks super fun!:slight_smile: Keep it up!:slight_smile:

What exactly is done in C++?

Everything! Except the HUD :).

Hey guys, is an update. I’ve worked a lot on the HUD ( much simpler and cleaner now, very too but is on purpose, because we are not set on a style yet ). Besides the HUD I’ve tried to properly implement some game-mode handling different states. We have several game modes going but the video below shows a classic DM ( first to 10 kills wins ). I hope to do some playtests soon with TDM and some more hardcore game modes.

is the video of our last playtest:

And a character artist has joined my team, so there is 2 of us now developing actively. His name is Delagrange and is his first stab at a new character, 1000x better than anything I could do! ^^:

0:19 - 0:25 is pure comedy gold :D.

Character is awesome! Would love to see that guy animated in-game!

is the latest video of gundwarf. Today we played some TDM. tiny addition ( teams ) already made the game so much more fun!

(there might be some foul language and there :stuck_out_tongue: )

Looks like a beast game :slight_smile: It propably will be so much harder to spot someone once the levels and characters are ready .
I think you could release the game with the Hawken like free to play model , it’s looking so fun many people would love to play it :slight_smile:

is coming together quite awesomely. When can we playtest? :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! Glad you like it :slight_smile:

@: Thanks! Me, and some others play very regularly. I can PM you next time we play so that I can send you the latest build etc. might join too! ( he has a build now but that build does not include TDM )

Whenever I get steamworks to work properly I’ll try and share the build with more people if they are interested.

The TDM vid looks really fun, one thing you could do is have the name have their own teamcolor, like a red guy killed a green guy with their respected color as their name in the corner. Great job so far!

Good idea about the colors :slight_smile: Cheers!