I have a fixed rig. Snaps from some cameras are not in a good quality, so sometimes RC cannot find correspondence between some components automatically. I’d like to avoid manual control points specification, so I want to import position and direction of cameras from successful sessions.
Though, when I import good positions exported from successful calibration, I’ve got a scene turned upside down, and reconstruction for some reason is not very good.
I’ve reproduced this issue on Tsukuba scene of Middlebury 2001 dataset.
I do the following:
- In Workflow tab click Folder and add a folder with images
- Click Align button there
- When alignment stage is completed, I go to Alignment tab and in Export section click Registration
- I export registration in CmpMvs _P matrices format setting Undistort images to False
- Then I create a new project and add the same folder (with .txt files containing cameras information)
- I look at positions and rotations of cameras using properties of images in RC, and see that they are the same as after previous alignment – so, the numbers were exported and imported correctly
- I click Align button
- Resulting scene is turned upside down and reconstruction quality is lower
- When I repeat the steps 4-8 , the final scene still turned upside down
I expect to have the same cameras positions on the step 8.
Also, I’ve noticed that
- every time I get different results of reconstruction in both cases – with and without calibration
- without imported cameras positions and directions, absolute positions and directions of cameras after alignment are different every time I launch alignment on the same images in new projects
My OS is Windows 10, I have a 18.104.22.16853 Steam RC.