Cloudscape Seasons 1.5

I am sorry the update is not ready yet. There were new outcomes during testing that brought poor performance and I am changing some key elements. There will be a new package I will release which will use the volumetric clouds built with the engine 4.26+ that I will give to everyone, which has purchased Cloudscape Seasons, as a gift. While this new package will only focus on realistic clouds and weather effects, Cloudscape Seasons will have the added ability to enable free cloud shapes (heart, bunnies, whatever you want). Both packages will include a free third package which will also be released to the Marketplace which involves astronomic calculations of all sorts, which is the portion I am finishing right now to start tests next week.

It is a long journey and the past 2 years a challenge with the Pandemics, which day by day is becoming a thing of the past. I am preparing an update for this asset to go live soon, stay tuned.

Another asset to replace this one will be released as a C++ plugin and will be given to everyone which has acquired CloudScape Seasons, I have no images or videos to share yet, but this new plugin will include:

• Astronomical Calculations - for precise location of Sun, Moon and other Solar System Objects. You can even create a star chart with the available functions.
  • XML Asset - used to keep data and it can save blueprint variables and update blueprint with XML data.
  • Rain, Lightning and Snow effects.

The Astronomical Calculation and the XML Asset will also be available as separate products in case anyone need those. Marketplace sellers can ask for a license to use both at their products for a very small fee.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
As of today Cloudscape Seasons 1.2 is part of Monthly Unreal Engine Sponsored Content product for November 2021
Be sure to get it while FREE to be able to put your hands on the new update 1.5 going to the Marketplace soon! I am still working on it and with the sponsorship from Epic I am dedicated on making this live as soon as possible!

And thanks Epic for the huge support for me and the community!

when is 1.5 coming out

I have received instructions from the Marketplace team to have the new release only compatible with 4.27 (which is the current at this date) and the release of UE5 is really approaching, which might cause the product some more changes. I was expecting to release 1.5 during March timeframe which might be correct unless I receive confirmation UE5 releases April, so better focus on UE5 instead of 4.27.

Anyway, there is no video tutorial done with 1.5, since I was including an extensive documentation in written form, and there are lots of differences from the current release when compared with 1.5, so it is not a smooth transition and detailed and well done documentation is key.

I strongly advice people who owns the package to get used to UE5 quickly, because my personal feelings is that UE5 is upon us and therefore the 1.5 will be release for UE5 only.