Download

Clouds and Wheather Patterns

Anyone know of any tool similar to TrueSKY that let’s you make the clouds yourself and other weather patterns? I just got into this stuff and that’s all I want to do. I don’t care about anything else. I’ve spent literally hours searching on this topic and the best looking stuff I found was TrueSKY and some other programs that I can’t remember. Maybe this program I’m dreaming of doesn’t exist. I just want to create anything and everything having to do with weather and natural lighting.

If anyone can help, I would really, really, REALLY appreciate it lol! I just don’t know where to get started. I’m an absolute pure virgin to all this. Thanks.

It depends on what you want to achieve, if you want more realistic skies and want a lot of control over what they look like then there’s some tools like Vue/Terragen to render an environment map, though they wouldn’t be animated.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any program that comes close to the realism of Vue and Terragen but works with 3d fully animated? Does truesky allow any kind of control like you were mentioning. Eventually when if and when I’m able to learn this stuff I’d like to get into something where there’s the freedom to make any kind of cloud formation and weather pattern and have control over the animation and 3d. I’m guessing there isn’t anything out there at the moment that does all of this is there?