Clothing Tool Collision not working!

there seems to be a limit on the amount of bodies that can effect the cloth [not sure what that limit is, but…] … basically i deleted unused bodies in order to get my newly added bodies to react with cloth :slight_smile: hope that helps someone…

there seems to be a limit on the amount of bodies that can effect the cloth [not sure what that limit is, but…] … basically i deleted unused bodies in order to get my newly added bodies to react with my cloth :slight_smile: hope that helps someone…

Sadly none of this worked for me. So nice. 4.20. Collision just refuses to register at all.

Did you find any solution?

• make sure your cloth mesh is within approx. scale bounds as mentioned in the marked solution here
  • create a seperate physics asset for each cloth mesh
  • very important: use only cloth-collision-capsules (if you can only create default collision capsules update your engine version or use the default collision-capsules, collision boxes won’t work)
  • Don’t create collision-capsules that you don’t need (short pants dont need upper body, arms or head, and maybe you can also get rid of the feet)
  • Don’t exceed 16 capsules for cloth collision (Although I already had issues with around 12, but using 4-6 capsules per cloth mesh works perfect for me)
  • Create a new mesh section in your clothing tool, using your new physics asset and paint it! (maybe just replacing the old phys asset in existing section might work, too, dunno…) and don’t forget to repaint your new section (did you try out gradient painting? Good results for me)
  • Make sure your game runs with at least 52-60 fps when you need tight/precise collision, otherwise use thicker capsules or increase cloth collision thickness parameter

If you have any more questions, you might to want to read this

Good luck!

Didn’t help, i tried all the variants, even tried other models, that definitely will work, but no result! What else can be wrong?

I Used Blender Maximo to UE4 Converter addon and Rig

incase you are like me who didn’t find an answer, I struggled with this and i will say how i got my answer in the exact steps

1. i went into blender and changed my units to metric and set the slider to 0.01, the that i left out was i didnt set the length to centimeters
  2. I then selected both my rig and model(selected model first rig second)
  3. i scaled them (I cant say up or down cuz I did it until it was the right size)
  4. i then applied scale (both of them selected)
  5. i exported with these settings

PS: When i used Maximo to Unreal Engine converter plugin, i turned off apply scale as it gave problems

Why is this treated as resolved? The issue is still very much present and the Blender rescale workaround doesn’t work for everyone at all.
I’m still having this issue in 4.25.3 and none of the suggestions posted anywhere have helped me.

3D Studio Max User solution:

Ok, that drove me nuts for 3 days but I finally got it working!!! I don’t know anything about Blender and all the solutions I found in the forums and here suggest some Alt-S and strange rescale. It did not work for me at all.

!!! Keep in mind everything you already read and tried here!! some stuff are required like centimeters! All your exports have to be done at centimeters units.

Here is my solution, in easy steps, I think it is applicable to any thirdparty tool:

1. Make sure you actually have the problem: Open your mesh and in the viewport, select Collisions and Anim Drive in the Clothing subsection of the character scene elements menu. You should see you tiny physic assets with a very large clothing.
  2. Delete every clothing data you created and export your asset to an fbx
  3. Open 3DSMax and import your model. UE should have created a Dummy with the name of your character which will parent the root of your skeleton and the meshes. You have to delete this dummy.
  4. Now for the actual fix: Watch for your root, if the problem was the same as mine, it should have a scale of 1000. Unparent everything under it delete that dummy, and create a new one at 0,0,0 location. Make it on top view to avoid any rotations of your skeleton.
  5. Delete the old root dummy and reparent everything under the new one.
  6. Export (don’t forget, centimeters)
  7. Import the file, do not use the old skeleton but create a new one
  8. Reparent your anim blueprints and animations to the new skeleton
  9. Create cloth, physic bodies (don’t forget to enable collision in the phAt editor), paint, configure and apply your clothing data.
  10. Enjoy that glorious non colliding cloth :slight_smile:
1 Like

Got a solution. Check it here:

Shortly: use planes only from Maya or 3dsMax

Unreal 5.2, i had same issue. Clotches didn’t react to physics collision for FBX model. Also i had some problems with scale collisions.

My solution for Blender:

1. In scene properties set unit scale to 0.01
  2. For Armature and for Mesh set transfrom scale to 100. (key N in viewport)
  3. !!Most important!! Chose Armature and Mesh and apply transform (Ctrl + A)

After that can export to FBX as usual

1 Like