cloth collision a bit random UE5

cloth collision a bit random UE5

I have this weird issue with the cloth simulation.

I set up the skeletal mesh as usual in UE5: anchor points, clothing collision with environment is checked.

The cloth works fine with the basic mesh actors, but for some reason it won’t work with my car mesh.

I have a base model with multiple parts of the car, and once I set them to static the collision with the cloth works, but just in some areas. And some parts it looks like as if there is another mesh or a prolongation of the existing mesh.

I tried to create a combined mesh copy from my basic model, but with this one, the issue is that no matter what I do it won’t collide with it.

i set up everything the same way as the other meshes but no luck …

UPDATE: it looks like even if i make a duplicate of a Basic UE Shape, it doesn’t work anymore… with identical settings… crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I found a solution…finally after three days.

so basically, in the sequencer in the frame rate tab, there is advanced options, and if you go in there, the frame rate is set to something totally crazy. Mine was a 24,000 FPS.

after setting it back to 24th FPS the cloth behaves normally in the render

I also read that, setting the motion blur to 1 post process volume and the camera helps

You seem to have it fixed, but the most likely cause aside what you figured could be the PHAT asset on the skeletal model of the car.
Which is likely why it behaved differently for you when set to static.

For cinematics, if your vehicle isnt moving you can likely get by with complex as simple set onto the individual meshes that make up the car - without even needing the parts to have collision hulls…