Clone Character Movement possible ?

The exec for the bind needs to come from something like “Event Begin Play”. Right now your code only binds when the custom event gets called. Instead you want to bind as soon as the actor is in the game. The exec from the custom event is what you want to connect to “Add Controller Yaw Input”. Basically whatever the custom event’s exec is hooked up to will be executed every you call the dispatcher once it is bound.

When you call the dispatcher it will execute the custom event that is bound to it.

You also need to make sure that you’re casting to the clone’s actual BP. Make sure you’re using the clone actor that’s in the game to cast.

And that was ofc unlikely to happen :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks a lot man, now jumping and walking works perfectly, but the controller yaw and pitch has obviously no effect, I think it might be, because the shadow creature has no controller ?

I believe that the “Add Controller Input” nodes only work for Player Controllers. I’m not too familiar with it, but I believe the engine only creates Player Controllers for the player’s pawn when they start the game. I don’t think you’ll be able to give your clone a player controller very easily.

You probably don’t need to either. The clone doesn’t need control rotation since it’s not another player, it just needs its actual rotation changed. Is your pawn set to use the controller yaw and pitch for the pawn’s yaw and pitch? If so you can just set the clone’s rotation with “Set Actor Rotation” and feed in the values from the player controller. You could probably just do it with one custom event too, make a rot from the yaw and pitch values, set roll to 0, and then set actor rotation with that every the custom event gets called.

I see the controller seems to be not necessary. I solved the yaw/pitch replication by attachment. This seems to work perfectly.

, would you mind to share your blueprint? I am trying to do something similar…

Hey, I am stuck with the same problem. Would you mind to help me?