Clipping of landscape after conversion to World Partition

I would love some help with the behaviour of our terrain - I converted a 4.27 project to UE5, and then converted the level to World Partition. when I pan the camera I get clipping of the terrain see video:

Moving in closer to the ground just makes things even worse:

Here is another example panning camera up and down with preview grid on World Partition activated and a single terrain tile selected:

For reference this is a 20km2 terrain that was split into 5x5 tiles @ 4033x4033mtr when first imported into UE4 using TerraFormPro plugin.

Thanks for any help

2 Likes

Hey @Rossoe

Yeah, im experiencing something very similar. Currently on UE 5.0.2.

Its weird that it is clipping something closer to the camera with no obstruction. See my below pic.

While i dont have a solution - im dealing with this myself so i will be doing some digging and if i find a resolution, I’ll let you know. I just ask you do the same for me XD

Here is what my situation looks like.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback

I’m still testing, but I have a feeling this setting re enabling Large Worlds may have made an improvement for me -

There is a soft limit of 20km2, which can be removed with the above.

Our terrain is just a smidge over 20km.

How large is your environment? - and did you have to tile your terrain to fit it all in?

Has anybody of you ever found a Solution for that? If i size up my Runtime Grid and build HLOD it runs out of mem

1 Like

Did you find any solution?

It seems to have to do with World Origin, if you move away from the origin, Landscape LOD0 does not appear for some reason. However, LODs greater than LOD0 are displayed correctly.