I’m making a VR game and any sort of freeze in rendering is painful. Currently I get a brief freeze when calling ClientTravel to connect to a server. I’m passing TRAVEL_Relative as well as setting SeamlessTravel to true, but even “seamless” travel still causes a rendering glitch.
I’ve been looking at how ClientTravel works but I’m currently stumped. What I really want to do is the following:
- Client runs game, loads local map
- Client uses an in-game item to initiate connection to a server
- Client can still move and respond to input while connecting to server
- Client successfully connects to server, which is on the same map we are currently on locally
- Update the server with our current position so the player never notices a harsh transition to server
Is this possible at all, or will I need to accept a hard freeze while joining a server?