Client/Server Prediction for Physics Based Pawns?

I have a few questions based on setting up a physics based multiplayer game. I have done a lot of research on replication/compensation/prediction and I would love some final advice before I dive in.

My game involves characters on hoverboards, moved by force/impulses etc. I set up a single player prototype using the pawn class and I want to develop it further. So I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer.

1. If my characters are on hoverboards, should both my character mesh and hoverboard mesh be within 1 pawn component, or is it better practice to have the the character as a pawn and possess the hoverboard which would be another component on begin?
  2. I understand the CharacterComponent has built in replication/prediction, however my characters will never be off their board. And even though it has built in prediction I don’t think it would work when possessing the hoverboard?
  3. Even if it did work when possessing the hoverboard I assume it would not work as it is made for bipedal movement and not fast physics based vehicles?

I think if I get these questions answered I can fortify a plan of action and move forward. I don’t want to have to build custom lag compensation or some sort of server buffer system like Rocket League has, but maybe that is the only option.