click mesh - show and run widget

arrg… Hoping for simple answer :slight_smile:

I have a Blueprint which includes an animated mesh. Also in the blueprint is a Widget with some animation. The mesh animation runs on the stage when clicked. I want to hide the widget until the mesh is clicked and its animation runs - this is when I want to see the widget. in this way, using the widget, I can display info about the mesh animation.

Hope that makes some sense! two days I have been working on just getting this working! pleaseeee heeelllp!

You could do a raycast from your character every time you click. If your ray hits the object you want to animate then call its function to start the animation and its widget. Here is the documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Gameplay/HowTo/UseRaycasts/Blueprints/

hmmmm thanks for this! will take a look. As it happens, there isn’t a character in-game. Just the mesh to be clicked on by a user - that may make a difference to the solution?

welll… I created a work-around… it will do until I can find the right way to do this! Maybe this will help someone :slight_smile: